PRINTOR quality is founded on years of processing experience driven by growth. PRINTOR quality is critical for customers and every member of the PRINTOR staff. The smart organisational solutions at PRINTOR enable thorough quality control in all business areas.
This ensures that the customers get the deliverables they expect from every project production stage. In July 2005, the globally acclaimed TÜV Süd granted PRINTOR ISO 9001:2000 Quality Management System Certification for electronic equipment manufacturing. Currently, PRINTOR holds ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System Certification.
PRINTOR’s mission is full customer satisfaction driven by the delivery of products and services of superior quality. This places PRINTOR in a leading position in the contract EMS market.
PRINTOR’s image and achievements are important values and the cause for satisfaction of every staff member.
The PRINTOR mission is achieved as follows:
- PRINTOR develops business perspectives by following the requirements of its stakeholders, especially both current and prospective customers.
- The management processes at PRINTOR are systemic and supported by continuous improvement with risk analysis and process monitoring.
- PRINTOR trains and furthers the education of its staff through the continuous development of professional qualifications and proactive participation in process improvements.
- PRINTOR complies with applicable environmental, health and safety standards.
- PRINTOR cooperates with tested and proven competent vendors who meet the most stringent EHS and quality requirements.
PRINTOR’s Quality Policy is publicly available and applies to all employees.
Conflict Minerals Statement
See the certificate
The QMS is an efficient and effective measure of our control over the quality requirements imposed on PRINTOR.
PRINTOR currently applies and complies with the ISO 9001:2015 standard, as amended by Annex SL and with the structure transposing integration with the requirements of ISO14001, ISO27001, ISO45001, IATF 16949, and more. The business management principles at PRINTOR are driven by the PDCA methodology (Plan-Do-Check-Act) in concert with process management and ‘risk-based thinking’ at all organisational tiers and as applicable to the environment of PRINTOR’s business operations.
UL 94 is a standard by American Underwriters Laboratories for testing the flammability and fire safety of the plastics used in equipment and instruments.
PCBs manufactured under flammability class UL ZMPV-0 means that in the event of fire, the flame is self-extinguished in 10 seconds, in two fire application attempts. The PCBs comply with UL 94 when no flaming droplets develop during exposure to a high temperature. This further improves the fire safety of PRINTOR’s products.
- PCB manufacturing: in compliance with IPC-A-600, Acceptability of Printed Boards.
- Assembly/mounting: in compliance with IPC-A-610, Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies.
- ESD: anti-static processing zones compliant with the IEC 61340 series of standards for the handling of electrostatically sensitive equipment.
- The cleanliness and purity of PCBs and as-mounted panels are tested per IPC-TM-650, Ionic Analysis Methodologies Test Method 2.3.25 (Detection and Measurement of Ionizable Surface Contaminates by Resistivity of Solvent Extract (ROSE)). High cleanliness standards contribute to equipment reliability and resistance to adverse ambient conditions.
To meet increasingly stringent customer demands, PRINTOR has implemented a PN-EN ISO 9001 Quality Management System (QMS). Since 2005, the QMS has always been successfully recertified by TÜV Management Service GmbH and has contributed to the satisfaction of the most exacting business partners.
The QMS applies to all business areas and operations at PRINTOR, including purchase order fulfilment and all related processes. Every stage of the production processes is monitored by in-production controls and final checks in all production areas.
- A tested and qualified network of vendors
- Good pricing and timely deliveries guaranteed
- Statistics-based selection and qualification of vendors
PRINTOR operates an ATG A5 Neo and Probot 880 High-End Flying Probe from MANIA Technologie. The application of the latest quality control equipment ensures thorough testing of PCB workmanship against the specifications.
The Assembleon automatic mounting lines place SMD components to an accuracy of 50/40 microns (chips/QFPs). Each component picked from the processing line dispenser passes an AOI (automated optical inspection).
SMT and THT assembly processes are verified with YTV-3000 AOI testers from YesTech. AOI provides compliance checks to verify that the required components are mounted with suitable solders.
An ICT (In-Circuit Test) machine from Pruftechnik Schneider & Koch provides the thorough inspection of the connections and proper manufacturing of the circuitry. PRINTOR also provides services in custom programming and matrix development for the ICT machine.
At the final production stage, the finished product passes the functional tests specified by the customer. The objective is to verify that the production process complies with the customer’s requirements and the product performance is true to the specifications.
Electronic assembly processes are confined to ESD zones, and protected against electrostatic discharge phenomena. The ESD-rated work stations, equipment and PPE (personal protective equipment) pass regular and documented checks.
The PCBs and as-mounted panels are inspected for contamination per IPC-TM-650, Ionic Analysis Methodologies Test Method 2.3.25, with an Ionograph 500M tester.
The critical requirements are presented and explained in a graphical format for fast and thorough understanding by the training participants. Production and quality results from all areas and departments are likewise visualised to promote systematic transmission of achievements to the staff and motivate them to commit to excellence in their professional skills.